Monday, January 26, 2009

December Events






December was a crazy month for all of us!  I started looking back on the month and realized that we were gone every night before Christmas - except for the few days before the big day.  On one day was the Relief Society party, Mackenzie performing at the Festival of trees, and our ward party.  I spent the afternoon decorating the cultural hall and the tables.  They turned out so beautiful and we only spent less than $10!  One man works at a Christmas tree lot and brought us boughs which we wrapped in ribbon.  Each table also had a candle or nutcracker on it.  The party was "Nauvoo" theme.  Afterwards, Santa came.
I had a craft night at the house for all of the sisters.  Lisa had a candy making night too.  Michelle was in charge of the family Christmas party but we had it at my home.  The gingerbread houses turned out really cute!  
One night, we went with Michelle and Nate to the First Presidency Message.  We took Kenzie to see Santa at Winder Dairy.  She only asked for one thing - an I Spy book.  
Work was insanely crazy with resident recruitment.  
Santa came to our house and brought lots of many presents.  It was nice to also have Rachel over.  I was very spoiled with a new camera and a flip.  Brittany got a sewing machine and Mackenzie lots of books, game, movies and some clothes.  
As I look back at the end of another year, I am so grateful for all of my family and friends.  I live in a free land of America where I am free to make choices.  I have a job that keeps me busy and that I love (well most of the time).  I have a roof over my head, clothes, and food to eat.  I thank the Lord for the gospel and the opportunity to wake up every morning and look forward to another day.

No comments: